Friday, June 21, 2013

Exhausted

This move is exhausting!  Emotionally.  Physically (Well, it will be eventually.)  Mentally.  It is all-consuming.  Wes and I are quickly discovering that while we are very grateful for the time-frame we have been given before our move, it is very easy to devote too much time/attention to the future.  We want to be wise and plan ahead for things that need to be taken care of, however, it's not a good idea for our family to spend every waking moment looking for places to rent, price checking moving trucks, trying to figure out our new budget, and then re-running the numbers over, researching the new area, checking out family friendly things in town, and looking for places to rent AGAIN!  So much to consume our time and energy.

There HAS to be balance.  We're not to the point where I need to be freaking out.  I want our family to enjoy our last weeks in Tennessee with those we love, I want to be visiting our favorite places in Knoxville, I want our boys to be loved on by those who are closest to them!  There are so many things that don't involve the logistics of moving that we could be doing!  I am challenging my family to think relational this last month - month and a half.  To spend more time thinking about how we can be a blessing to others, rather than all the details we have to try and figure out.  We want to allow God to work out those details, especially the ones that we don't really have any control over.

In the meantime, we have some of Wes's coworkers in Fort Collins, checking on a few apartments for us this weekend.  Financially, we are looking for smaller places to live to allow us to build up some savings and get adjusted to a 33% increase in cost of living.  Yikes!  A high priority for a future place of residence is always location, location, location!  Here at Johnson, we have become very used to getting to see Wes throughout the work days and while I know it has been a huge blessing for our family, it would certainly be great to continue someone with that.  Wes's work schedule will be slightly different at his new job, as they work 4 days (10 hours/day) and are closed on Fridays.  So, we will get to enjoy 3 day weekends as a family.  I am looking forward to having longer family weekends and exploring the new city and region that we will be living in!

No comments:

Post a Comment